|This page contains official Communipedia policy
Therefore, all users are expected to abide by the rules stated here, and on all pages with this template.
Communipedia's administrators are the community leaders and staff of the the Community Wiki. Communipedia's administrators are kind, reliable, and about half of them are nerdy enough to maintain this site and keep us up to date!
What's an administrator?Edit
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and restoring pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot restore them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
What is a bureaucrat?Edit
A bureaucrat is capable of making other users into bureaucrats or administrators. Current, the only bureaucrat on Communipedia is Pikapi, the founder. Bureaucrats are able to remove administrator access from any user to which it was granted. Therefore, in the unlikely situation that you are being harassed by an administrator, please message or email Pikapi, and he will investigate.
Any requests to become a bureaucrat will be denied. Only the founder, Pikapi, is capable of providing another with bureaucrat access. It should be known that such depends heavily upon his direct trust with a candidate. In order to be considered a candidate, one must first be a trusted administrator. Pikapi will be reluctant to provide any user with bureaucrat access, as such is permanent and irreversible.
How do I use administrator powers?Edit
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- Special:Blockip - block a username or IP address
- Special:Deletedcontributions - access a deleted page's history
- Special:Userrights - modify user rights (e.g. rollback, sysop privileges)
What can administrators not do?Edit
- Main article: Community Wiki:Administrators' Reference Guide
An administrator is required to read the entire Administrators' Reference Guide prior to being granted adminship. Administrators are also required to consult the guide prior to preforming direct administrative action. If failing to do so becomes evident in an admin's actions, such may count as points against them, which may lead up to their adminship being revoked.
List of administratorsEdit
Retired or dischargedEdit
|Policies, Rules, and the Fundamental Readings of Communipedia|